Xristos Panagiotou is a scholar, digital artist and photographer from Limassol, Cyprus. He has a Ph.D. in Visual arts and Psychoanalytic theory. Through his work he examines the topological construction of time and space and the way they relate to discourse, narrative and meaning. He also examines the modes of signification of scientific data (meteorology) and how data could be visualized as spatial constructs.
Participated in the following exhibitions:
- The Forest. Visual Weather (2022) and Visual Microclimate (2022). Electronic/Digital Art/Installation. 25 February – 11 March 2022, NeMe Arts Center, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Möbius spaces (Solo Exhibition). Photography. 20 January – 9 February 2022, Exhibit 8 gallery, Limassol, Cyprus.
- +Aksi Art happening. Digital Metaspace (2021). Electronic/Digital Art/Installation. 15-17 October 2021, +Ergeio Art space, Eleutherias Street, Limassol, Cyprus.
- +Aksi Art happening. Psychological Landscapes 2020 (2020). Photography Exhibition. 17-18 October 2020, +Ergeio Art space, Eleutherias Street, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Abandoned Artwork Exhibition. Simulacra (2019). Photography. 9-27 July 2020, Exhibit 8 Gallery, 6 Andrea Drousioti, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Transitional Spaces Exhibition. 9-16 January 2020 (2019). Photography. Tapper Bar, 62 Eleutherias, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Fragmented Realities Group Exhibition. Photography. 29 March 2018 – 05 April 2018, Beat Παζάρ Gallery, Chatziloizi Michailidi 20, Limassol, Cyprus.
- HfG Rundgang No13 Electronic Media Group Exhibition. 09 July 2010– 11 July 2010, HfG Offenbach, Schloßstraße 31, Offenbach am Main, Germany.
Co-curated (with Nicos Synnos and Nina Sumarac) the The Forest (Arboreal Collective Exhibition). February – March 2022, NeMe Arts Centre, Corner of Ellados and Enoseos streets, 3603, Limassol, Cyprus.
Participated in the following academic conferences:
Panagiotou, C. & Yiannacou, D. (2022, March 31-April 2). Helsinki Photomedia Conference 2022. The political aesthetics of subversion in photography. Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture, Espoo, Finland.
Panagiotou, C. (2022, June 03-05). Fascist Imaginaries conference. Imagining nationalism through Arnold Bocklin ‘s painting, The isle of dead. Psychoanalysis and Politics. Berliner Psychoanalytisches Institut [Berlin Psychoanalytic Institute], Berlin, Germany.
Panagiotou, C. (2015, February 28 – March 01). Media, Conflict and Participation Conference. The photographic object as the constructive material of the online persona. Cyprus University of Technology, Limassol, Cyprus.
Panagiotou, C. (2015, October 2-4). 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on Semiotics and Visual Communication. The absurd advertising as a sign of manipulation: A Psychosocial approach to postindustrial culture. Cyprus University of Technology, Limassol, Cyprus.
Participated as volunteer at the 16th Biennial Conference EARLI 2015 August 25-29, 2015. Cyprus University of Technology, Limassol, Cyprus
1st International Conference on Photography and Theory (Photographic portfolio review). November 26-27, 2010 Limassol, Cyprus.